On Thursday, October 13, the REALTORS with Heart Committee presented the Art Academy of Cincinnati with an AED for their facility. The AED will be publicly registered and available for anyone who needs it – 24/7.
Channel 9 News covered this story as did SoapBox Media. RWH Chair, Holly Finn and RWH Vice-Chair, Gary Rossignol were on hand for this special community event along with other CABR representatives and Realtors including Andy Clark, Charlie Foster, Rick Finn and Julie McGraw.
This was unique because:
- The Art Academy of Cincinnati is open 24/7 so AED will be available in OTR to anyone in need all day and all night seven days a week.
- The Art Academy of Cincinnati has a strong and strategic collaboration and relationship with the OTR Neighborhood; so, this AED was also presented to the OTR Neighborhood.
Laurie Nippert Leonard, Founder & Chair Emeritus of REALTORS with Heart, presented the AED to: Dick Friedman, Chairman of the Board of Trustees of Art Academy of Cincinnati; Emilie Johnson, President of OTR Chamber of Commerce (representing all OTR businesses); Martha Good, President of OTR Community Council (representing all residents).
Laurie asked that all those present become Ambassadors to:
- Encourage everyone to learn CPR and to
- Encourage them to help make AEDs as common as fire extinguishers and
- Encourage them to help get AEDs publicly registered so that 911 Operators using the cutting edge Atrus AEDLink Software that Realtors With Heart donated to Hamilton County 911 Communication Centers would be able to tell callers in need where the nearest AED is located.
The AED Presentation was followed by a Hands -Only CPR Demonstration for all those present by Realtors With Heart Instructor, Mark Johnson, Director of Project Heart ReStart and EMS Coordinator for The Christ Hospital Health Network.