Next Monday September 9, 2019 @ 10:30am in the CABR Classroom upstairs, attend this FREE event and hear from State Representative Bill Seitz, our Featured Guest in the next installment of our CABR REALTOR® Coffees!
Rep. Seitz will be discussing the State of Ohio FY 2020-21 Budget that was signed into law by Governor Mike DeWine, as well as other legislative matters and current events.
Some of the items included in Ohio’s Budget that Rep. Seitz was instrumental in securing included:
- Reinstatement of the Business Income Deduction to $250K (technically $271K) and restores 3% cap on income above.
- Opportunity Zone tax credits.
- Residential lead abatement tax credits (up to $10,000 per household).
- Criminal background check for new real estate licensees that is consistent with language in an ODRE application.
- Housing Trust Fund fees increased by $6 per recordation.
- Division of Real Estate fee increases (were supported by OHIO REALTORS®).
- Medical marijuana language. (ODRE got clarification on legal language if a REALTOR® conducts business with a medical marijuana-related business (ex: managing property with a dispensary), they won’t get into legal trouble since marijuana is illegal on the federal level but legal in Ohio.
- Ohio REALTORS® now have a seat on the Child Lead Poisoning Advisory Council.
Known for his colorful floor speeches and legal acumen, Rep. Seitz was rated “…best speechmaker, savviest, funniest and most knowledgeable” in a 2016 ranking of all 132 legislators by Columbus Monthly Magazine. He was also ranked as second most effective and hardest working.
Rep. Seitz has put these talents to good use on issues that matter to his constituents such as several items of interest to REALTORS® in Ohio’s 2020-21 Budget!
Don’t miss this opportunity to hear from one of the most entertaining, knowledgeable and qualified elected officials who hails from right here in Cincinnati!
Once at the CABR Member Login page, enter your Agent ID and Password.
Then Click on “CALENDAR of EVENTS/REGISTER FOR EVENTS” and go to the Month of SEPTEMBER.
Click on September 9th and you will see a pop-up window to REGISTER!