- This event has passed.
Ohio REALTOR Industry Update
June 13 @ 1:00 pm - 4:15 pm$59
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER AND MAKE PAYMENT ONLINE.
CLICK HERE TO PRINT THE PROMOTIONAL FLYER AND REGISTER VIA MAIL OR FAX
In today’s ever-changing climate, it’s more important than ever for REALTORS ® to keep abreast of the latest information. This seminar will update you on state and federal regulatory issues, legal issues including license law updates, recent cases and other legal issues designed to reduce your risk and potentially help increase your earnings!
What’s happening at the state house and federal level to:
- Create first time homebuyer savings accounts
- Require criminal background checks for new licensees
- Change Ohio’s land contract requirements
- Expand development in Opportunity Zones
Latest developments on Ohio’s new:
- Home Inspector Licensing requirements
- Registration for oil & gas landmen
- Notary Republic requirements
- Duty to report elder abuse
Hot industry topics that affect you:
- Unauthorized photos & videos
- Seller’s use of “nanny cams”
- Top social media mistakes
- Independent contractor challenges
Recent course cases addressing:
- Local ordinance occupancy lim
- it MLS and payment of byer broker commissions
- Broker liability for injuries at showings
- Damages for breach of commercial lease
- Property valuation issues when selling LLC interest
- Duty to protect tenants from discrimination
Instructors: Peg Ritenour, J.D., Ohio REALTORS vice president of legal services and Lorie Garland, J.D., Ohio REALTORS assistant vice president of legal services..
CE credit: 3 hours of core law credit. Per ODRE requirements, you must be present 90% of the program to receive credit. Contact/Email: Deanna Wright – firstname.lastname@example.org