CABR is the leading regional force in safeguarding and promoting the interest of REALTORS® in preserving private property rights and in influencing and shaping the industry.
CABR serves the needs of its members by enhancing the opportunity for members to conduct business cooperatively, professionally, ethically and profitably. CABR strives to increase the value the public places on the services of a REALTOR® and promotes the benefits of owning real estate.
In August 1888, a small group of Queen City realty pioneers met to consider the advisability of organizing the real estate men of Cincinnati into a strong body. The organization was incorporated on Feb. 11, 1890. Its name was The Cincinnati Real Estate and Stock Exchange. The first president was A.C. Horton and the headquarters of the “exchange,” as it was then called, was room 1 of the Old Cincinnati College building, which was later known as the mercantile library building. On May 1, 1890 the headquarters of the exchange moved to the Chamber of Commerce building, at Fourth and Vine streets, where it remained for four years. Representatives from Cincinnati and 16 other Boards, from 13 states, and one state association met in Chicago on May 12, 1908 and organized the National Association of Real Estate Boards, which is now known as the National Association of Realtors® (NAR). The “Code of Ethics” was first adopted in 1913 by NAR, and has been amended 20 times. The term “Realtor®” was created by Charles M. Chadbourn of Minneapolis and since 1916 has been the service mark of NAR. The term REALTOR® and the logo are registered with the U.S. Patent office.