Superintendent Petit provides PSI update and reopen
By Anne M. Petit, Superintendent, Division of Real Estate & Professional Licensing
We know that Ohioans waiting to sit for real estate, appraiser and home inspector exams are anxious for new information regarding the reopening of testing sites. Our examination vendor, PSI, has announced plans for a measured approach compliant with continued safety standards to accomplish just that. All of us at the Division, as well as our partner PSI, want to help you get started on the path to your career in real estate services. Here is information you need as we approach May 1:
Test Centers Openings:
- PSI plans to reopen Owned and Operated test centers in the United States on May 1, 2020 based on jurisdictional analysis to determine each state’s allowance and/or restrictions for operating. Ohio sites are planned for reopening on May 1st.
- Sites will reopen meeting social distancing standards, at reduced capacity to allow for candidate spacing. Please note that scheduling options may be limited as a result. PSI will evaluate demand daily to plan for extra hours as needed.
- All health and safety requirements have already been implemented. All test center closures can be found here. Please be aware that the reopen dates listed are tentative. PSI is in contact with all sites and will update these dates as needed.
Reminder-Face Masks and Gloves:
- If a candidate chooses to wear a face mask and/or gloves, the candidate will be required to bring those items with them to the test center. NOTE: Candidates will be required to comply with specific state, city and county requirements as it relates to the use of face masks. Also, there are 3rd party sites that are requiring the use of face masks and the candidates may be turned away if they are not in compliance.
- Face masks will need to be removed during check-in process to verify identity of the candidate, take their photo and to allow the Test Center Administrator to ensure there is no writing or hidden materials in or on them.
- Candidates are responsible for disposing of used face masks and gloves securely outside of the test center.
We will continue to keep you posted on any/all developments regarding licensing exams. Please reach out directly to PSI with questions. PSI will be reaching out to reschedule those candidates who were previously scheduled and could not test due to the Stay Home Order. Stay safe, stay well and remember we’re all #InThisTogetherOhio.
This content is copyright 2020 Ohio REALTORS. Read more at: https://www.ohiorealtors.org/blog/1299/superintendent-petit-provides-psi-update-and-reopen/